Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Some Dermatologists are all about money

Steven Snyder Owens Mills, MD. 20 minutes signing at least 20 times and initials that I will pay him. 5 minute visit with him.

Did not introduce himself except for "what are you here for?" I guess nobody even bothers to write down why I drove 3 hours to be there or he didn't feel like reading. Without looking at my face, he said "yes we can work on that."I asked what about my neck and he said "sure, that's another $250."

He proceded to stare at my chart and not say a thing. So I asked if he had an idea of how affective it would be. He said I would be "cured." "Somewhere between 10 and 90% improvement. ????

I think we have an opening.. lets go to the front counter. So I followed. Yes, we can do this in 15 minutes. I'm not sure what the heck I was thinking.. but I said sure. I had reasons for believing he was one of the best. So after waiting I was taken aside to sign two more forms. A: Not our fault for any problems and no promises of any results. B: You owe me no matter what.

Then would you believe after all those forms of promised payment, I had to PAY IN ADVANCE before even being allowed into the IPL room?I guess I lost my mind and paid. I don't know what I was thinking.Next I get taken into an IPL room.

The same one who took my moneysaid she was doing the procedure. What? He's not even doing theprocedure??? No.. several of us in the office are trained to doit. So here I am.. cornered.

All these forms signed that guarantees payment, plus I've already paid!!!! They play the game well, and I did not.

The procedure feels like a rubber band being snapped on your skin 50 times. It's not horrible, but you are sure glad when it's over. She explained things such as the "yellow one hurts more than the green one" during the treatment. Very helpful. She lost her place a few times and had to ask if she did that area already.

So.. I'm sorry I don't have anything to report yet on the results. But if you want personal service, to ask questions, to be treated bythe doctor himself, this is not the doctor to visit.

Cost was $96.00 for his 5-7 minutes and $550.00 for thephotofacial.

Oh.. and when I asked for a reciept I got one of those Office Depot generic write-in slips.

I don't mean to be so negative. Maybe the drive through hamburger approach applies to laser surgery too. Since it took me 3 months just to save up for one visit, I guess I was hoping for a little more attention for 1.5 hours of their time. It's not like they even have insurance woes to deal with. It's all cash.

Found at: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/rosacea-support/message/63108