Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Adverse effects of IPL

I had IPL with an AWFUL doctor in August 2003. She put shallow dents into my skin and left me with looser skin, nasolabials and strangetexture under my eyes. I've consulted with other docs and derms and they've said it might be fat loss.

I am putting this up as a warning for everyone not to just assumeIPL is noninvasive and cannot do damage. You really have to find a good doctor by reputation and by speaking with many of their patients. I went online and found someone damaged by my doc as well. I'm not sure if I can post her name here, but if so I will let people know so they can stay away. She works with reputable doctors, so I mistakenly assumed it would be ok.

Found at:
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/rosacea-support/message/63118